Monday, April 20, 2009

Marvelous Milestones

Not much in the way of excitement happened around here this week. Aidan had a little "practice swim meet" where he bested two of his times: 25 yard free style and 25 yard breast stroke. He really needs to learn how to NOT "pinball" his way across the pool during the back stroke, but it will come - I have been promised. Colin had a great swim practice on Saturday while Mike made phenomenal strides in his continuation of "taming" and landscaping the back yard.

The only thing I did of note, besides being the mom, was to crest the 1000 mile mark in training for the year. As of Saturday evening, I have logged 1,062.37 miles of running and riding for the year 2009. I sort of, kind of, set a goal of 2,000 miles riding this year, and I am at about 900 right now and could actually achieve that goal if I keep going at the rate I am currently. I don't plan to ramp up the running beyond maintenance and shorter runs/races until August or September when I start looking at marathon season. Right now, I'm happy with where I am and how I feel and how the feet are. Yippee!

More later .... See you on the streets.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wow! 1,000+ miles run. That's impressive (and it makes me tired). Well done!

Mac's "SwimSTRONG" Foundation

Mac's "SwimSTRONG" Foundation
Love this art work. Click for link to the web site. And follow Team TRI Mac at www.trimac-competingforareason.blogspot.com