Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not So Random Thoughts

I spent last weekend serving on a team for the Big Bend Walk to Emmaus Community (Women's Walk #54), and it was fabulous.  As such, I was away from my computer, e-mail, cell phone, TV, radio, newspaper, and family for the duration of the walk.  It was GREAT!  The women who participated on this walk were truly blessed by their experiences.  I was culling through my e-mail, and the Runner's World Quotes of the Day had stacked up considerably.  There are three that I think quite worthy of archiving and sharing and I thought this would be a good forum in which to do that.
Without further adieu, here they are:

Friday, October 23:  Spirit has fifty times the strength and staying power of brawn and muscle.
- anonymous

Monday, October 26:  We all have dreams.  But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. - Jesse Ownes, American track and field athlete and four-time Olympic gold-medalist

Tuesday, October 27:  You train best where you are the happiest. - Frank Shorter, American distance runner and Olympic gold-medalist

No comments:

Coaches for a Cause

Mac's "SwimSTRONG" Foundation

Mac's "SwimSTRONG" Foundation
Love this art work. Click for link to the web site. And follow Team TRI Mac at www.trimac-competingforareason.blogspot.com